Know before you go
- The tournament will be held at South Surrey Athletic Park. The park is located in South Surrey, BC, about 45 minutes south of Vancouver. (14601 – 20th Avenue, Surrey, BC V4A9P5)
- Directions can be found on the tournament website and on pickleballbrackets.com
- Players are encouraged to bring their own portable chairs.
- Bring your own lunch and snacks as there will be limited food options at the tournament.
- Bring lots of water and sports drinks. Dehydration can happen quickly when playing in the sun. The nearest water refill station is located inside the
- Recreation Centre, a two-minute walk from the venue.
- Bring a hat or umbrella for personal shade.
Fees & Registration for this tournament
- Registration fee: $65 per person, plus $15 per event entered
- Referee fee: A referee fee has been added to the entry fee. The tournament will endeavor to supply as many referees as possible. Referees will be offered $5.00 per match. Certified referees will be offered $10 per match.
- Withdrawal fee: There will be a $15 processing fee for all players who withdraw from the tournament prior to July 10, 2023
- Refunds: Refunds could take 5-10 business days to process. Thanks for your patience.
- Cancellation fee: No refunds will be given after July 10, 2023
- Tournament fees: Must be paid on the same day, by both partners, when registering
Registration Deadline: July 10, 2023, 9:00 pm (PDT) or when the tournament director deems the tournament is full. Keep in mind, as you search for a replacement, players may play down in age and up in skill. (see note above) Consideration and approval for any request for the replacement of a player after the 2-week deadline will be at the discretion of the tournament director.
Please check in no later than 40 minutes prior to your first event each day.
Need A Partner?
- If you are looking for a partner, check out “Players Needing Partners” in the tournament listing on www.pickleballbrackets.com
- If your partner becomes injured (before July 10th) you may replace the injured player with anyone of your choosing or select from the “Players Needing Partners” on www.pickleballbrackets.com
- Replacement players must qualify to play in the same skill/age group in which you are registered. Remember: players can play down in age or up in skill, however…
- At least one player must qualify for the skill level in which you wish to play. The tournament committee will use each player’s CPTR rating, or UTPR rating based on the date he/she registers for the tournament.
- The replacement player must be a member in good standing with Pickleball Canada through August 8, 2023
- Replacement Players (after July 10, 2023) are at the discretion of the tournament director.
What is SSIPA?
- The Super Senior International Pickleball Association (SSIPA) was formed in 2016 to promote pickleball among a very active senior population in the USA and internationally.
- US Senior Pickleball is a division of Super Senior International Pickleball Association.
- The mission of SSIPA/USSP is to support the growth of pickleball around the world through a social, competitive environment for senior players.
- SSIPA/USSP supports tournaments that allow players to compete with other players in their age group, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+.
- US Senior Pickleball www.usseniorpickleball.com
- Participants are not required to join SSIPA/USSP to play in the Super Senior Slam tournament.
City of Surrey
The tournament organizers greatly appreciate the assistance and support provided by the City of Surrey.