- Open: 04/24/21 at 8:00 am PDT
- Closed: 07/04/21
- Registration times will be staggered
- Player’s age as of: 12/31/21
- Minimum Age of Player: 50
- Final Registration Deadline: 07/04/21
- Registration, Ages: Senior in 5-year increments
- Age groups: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- Cost: $50.00 & $10 per event entered
- When registering online the waiver must be completed; signature required.
- Online payment via PayPal is available. PayPal also accepts credit card payments.
- Starts: Friday, 08/06/21
- Ends: Sunday, 08/08/21
- Rainout day Monday, 8/09/21
- Cancellation/Withdrawal Deadline: 07/04/21 includes a $10 service charge
- After 07/04/2021 no refunds will be issued.
Pickleball Canada registration requirement
Players are not required to be USAPA members to enter the Kahunaverse Sports Super Senior Slam. For insurance purposes all participants must join Pickleball Canada. To become a Pickleball Canada member or renew your membership go to: https://pickleballcanada.org/
Players from the USA should contact the tournament director email@example.com to receive additional information about how to register.
Double Elimination Format, Skill/Age Level Tournament (Round Robin format may be used for small brackets).
- Top Side of Bracket: Best 2 out of 3 games to 11 win by 2
- Bottom Side of Bracket: One game to 15 win by 2
- Bronze Medal Matches: One game to 15 win by 2
- Gold Medal Matches: Best 2 out of 3 games to 11 win by 2
Brackets may be combined or limited in size based on participation. Tournament Directors may modify scoring format in the event of inclement weather, or other unforseen delays.
- Registration Fee: $50 PER PERSON plus $10 for each event entered
- Withdrawal Fee:There will be a $10 withdrawal fee for all players who withdraw from the tournament prior to July 4, 2021.
- Cancellation Fee: No refunds will be given after July 04, 2021
- Tournament Fees: Must be paid when registering
Need A Partner?
If your partner becomes injured, email firstname.lastname@example.org to add a new partner. You may pick anyone of your choosing or select from the “Players Needing Partners” where the tournament is located on www.pickleballtournaments.com Replacement players must be able to play in the same skill/age group in which you are registered. The replacement player must register and pay the applicable fees no later than 2 weeks prior to the tournament. Deadline: July 23, 2021 Keep in mind, as you search for a replacement, players may play down in age and up in skill. Consideration and approval for any request for the replacement of a player after the 2-week deadline will be at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
South Surrey Athletic Park
14600 20 Ave Surrey BC
Skill groups: 3.0 – 5.0
Age groups: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Player’s age as of: 12/31/21
If there are insufficient entrants for specific age categories, the Tournament Director may combine the age groups to efficiently run the tournament.
Event registration may close when the Tournament Director deems the events are full.
To be considered fully registered each member of the team must have signed the tournament waiver and paid all fees owing. All fees are due upon registration.
Entrants must be a Pickleball Canada member to play in this sanctioned event.
Players on the wait list who do not get into any events in the tournament can request a refund.
Please check in no later than 40 minutes prior to your first event each day.
Inclement Weather Policy
This is an outdoor tournament. There is no indoor backup. If weather is a factor, the tournament committee will do everything possible to play matches on the scheduled dates. August 9,, 2021 has been set aside as a rainout date, if the tournament is impacted by weather. All changes made to the schedule for the rainout date are at the discretion of the Tournament Director/Committee.
The Kahunaverse Super Senior Slam will run a great number of matches during our event. Our referees will be coordinated by John Robertson. Our referee team will be working to obtain as many referees as possible for the tournament. ALL medal matches are guaranteed to hava a referee. New referee training will be ongoing prior to the tournament in an effort to increase the number of volunteer referees.
Interested in being a referee at the Kahunaverse Super Senior Slam? Please sign up as a volunteer referee and look for email updates as we get closer to the event!
Rotary Club – Food Drive
The Kahunaverse Sports Super Senior Slam is grateful for our partnership with the Semiahmoo Rotary Club. Participants are asked to bring a non-perishable item to check-in. Items collected will be donated to the local food bank.
Surrey Pickleball Club and the City of Surrey
The tournament organizers greatly appreciate the assistance and support provided by the City of Surrey and Surrey Pickleball Club.
(All events: $10.00 each)
Men’s Doubles Skill Groups (3.0 or greater skill levels only) (5.0 or lower skill levels only) Date: Friday, August 6, 2021
Mixed Doubles Skill Groups (3.0 or greater skill levels only) (5.0 or lower skill levels only) Date: Saturday, August 7, 2021
Women’s Doubles Skill Groups (3.0 or greater skill levels only) (5.0 or lower skill levels only) Date: Sunday, August 8, 2021
Note: Monday, August 9, 2021 will be the rainout day.
- The tournament will be held at South Surrey Athletic Park. The park is located in South Surrey, BC, about 45 minutes southeast of Vancouver.
- Directions can be found on the tournament website and on pickleballtournaments.com
- Players are encouraged to bring their own portable chairs.
- You may bring in coolers with your lunch as there will be limited food options at the tournament.
- Bring a hat or umbrella for personal shade.
Check back later for tourist information.
The Super Senior International Pickleball Association (SSIPA) was formed in 2016 to promote pickleball among a very active senior population in the USA and internationally.
SSIPA supports tournaments that allow players to compete with other players in their age group, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80+ You can find more information about SSIPA at https://www.ssipa-pb.org/
Participants are not required to join SSIPA to play in this tournament.